Friday, July 26, 2013

My Updated Hair Care Routine!

Updated Hair Care Routine + Tips

Today I wanted to share my updated hair care routine with all of you. I apologize for not posting for such a long time, I will make up for it with some new hair recipes soon!

Keep reading for a great list of products I use + tips and tricks that have helped me.



Shampoo & Conditioner:

As most of my readers know by now, I have dry highlighted hair. Because of this I need specific hair care products to help me relieve my hair of it's brittleness and dryness. Yesterday I went to Costco and found two 1 litre bottles of probably the best shampoo/conditioner for dry hair ever! It was a deal (only $15.99 for both). I highly recommend these if you have chemically treated hair like me or if you just want suppler hair.

Tip: Don't wash your hair everyday. Wash it every-other-day (unless you sweat from sports or exercise and feel grimy).

 

LaCoupe Orgnx Coconut & Macadamia Oil Shampoo/Conditioner (1 litre Shampoo + 1 litre Conditioner 15.99 CA)

(Note: The bottles shown below are not the 1 litre ones that I purchased. These are the standard size and sold separately at  $9.99-$12.99 CA. )




Treatments & Tools:

In my hair care routine, I have a few products that I cannot live without that fall under the treatments category. One of them is the Organix Keratin Oil mask. This mask literally saved my hair when it was falling out in stringy clumps. I will show the mask below and talk about it some more.

Organix anti-breakage keratin oil Miraculous Recovery mask

($10.99 CA)

Well first of all the scent is flowery and the packaging is lovely, this first attracted me to the product. The packaging also listed many claims about the product, all of them are true.The mask contains keratin oil which helps revitalize your hair and restore elasticity + create a luminescent shine.  I have been an avid fan of this mask ever since my hair started falling out. I would strongly recommend it.

Tip: Mask your hair with a good quality protein/keratin mask once or twice a week for less damaged hair.



100% Pure Morrocan Argan Oil

Argan oil is also a staple in my hair routine. I use it to lightly moisturize the ends of my hair whenever they feel crispy or rough. Since this oil is expensive, I try not to pour the entire bottle onto my head at once. My advice is; Less is more! Use only a little bit of the oil, it goes a long way!

Tip: Put one spray or 2 drops of Argan Oil onto your palms and warm before distributing the oil onto the ends of your hair. Brush it out with a natural bristle brush for incredible shine and softness.

DO NOT BE FOOLED! Some brands have Argan Oil treatments that are laden with chemicals and silicones. Argan Oil is hardly present in its natural form in those products or it's at the end of the ingredients list. Always buy pure Morrocan Argan Oil. I get mine from Ebay (2 for 1 deals are popular there).



A picture example of what pure Argan Oil may look like.

(Ranging from $14.99-40.00 CA)




Wide Toothed Comb

A pretty basic hair necessity. Used to comb wet hair and get knots out of dry hair.

Tip: Never brush wet hair! Use a wide toothed comb to prevent breakage.


Goody Stylista Wide Toothed Combs ($2.99-$4.99 each CA)



 

Thanks for reading! Leave a comment below if you have any questions, compliments or concerns. I love hearing from you.


xoxo,

-Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment