Sunday, May 5, 2013

I'm Back! Here is my 2013 haircare routine :)

Sorry I've Been Gone For So Long!

My intention was to take a break, well as it seems I've taken a rather long break. Well anyways I am back and I want to share my hair routine with all of you. It is a pretty simple routine, I am downsizing a bit on hair care products just so my scalp and hair aren't overloaded and my wallet isn't empty! :)

*Note* princes aren't listed because I live in Canada and most of these are Canadian products. Availability and prices vary depending in which country you live in.

Starting with shampoo and conditioner...


I think I have mentioned this pair before in another post, as you can see I am in love with them! They make my hair amazingly soft, shiny and thick looking. If you are willing to pay 2 dollars more than your usual shampoo on an all organic shampoo that delivers results, choose this one!

 Live Clean Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

 
 

 

Now I can share the ultimate hair treat...

 
I cannot get enough of Live Clean. Their exotic line is amazing! I have tried the Bali Oil mask but I found it a bit too heavy, this Argan Oil one is much better in terms of lightweight and very moisturizing. The mask is a staple in my hair care routine and I use it 2-3 times weekly.
 
 
Live Clean Argan Oil Conditioning Mask
 
 

Now, my favourite oil...

After all the argan oil talk you would probably guess that I use argan oil on my hair, well no. I love argan oil but recently I have found a new favourite! In a small health food store in Toronto I bought some organic Sea Buckthorn oil (500 mL) which was on sale for $10.00. I cannot show you specifically what the bottle looks like because it made by a very small company and they aren't featured on the internet :(
 
 Instead I will show you the oil's appearance and tell you a little about it's benefits.
 
Sea Buckthorn oil is sometimes called the king of all oils. It is full of fatty acids and antioxidants that help heal rough and blemished skin or dry hair . The oil may be expensive just like argan oil, I buy it at Russian wholefood markets so I get a better discount on this stuff. Try looking in small healthcare stores for a bargain or invest in this liquid gold. The results are almost instant. Beware of staining though, the oil is very thick and orange in color!
 
To use: Just rub a few drops into your hands and apply onto hair.
 
 
 

My favourite therapeutic styling brush...

The brush I currently use is by Goody. It is copper infused so it fights dandruff and scalp bacteria. Although I don't have dandruff, this is an overall great brush for the scalp. It detangles hair easily and reduces hair fall by a lot!
 
Goody Styling Therapy Copper Infused Hair Brush
 
 
 

Lastly, my secret weapon...

The BB Crème innovation sparked a revolution in skin care, but hear this...
now hair care is going BB crazy! Pantene launched a new BB 10-in-one hair crème that has all sorts of benefits and is said to be a hair multitasking styling aid. Pantene isn't my favourite brand and I would not recommend their chemical laden shampoos and conditioners but this product is definitely my new favourite styling aid. The consistency is that of a thick creamy gel, but don't let this fool you. It will not weight your hair down! It literally melts into your hair while you're styling it. You're left with smooth, shiny, frizz free hair. Props to Pantene on this one!
 
Pantene Ultimate 10 BB Crème
 
 
 

Thanks for watching my lovelies!

Happy hair days :) - Alexis
 

2 comments:

  1. Your hair care tips are great. Your recipe seems effective and products make me crazy.

    Regards,
    Alison Clarke
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying my recipes.

      -Alexis

      Delete